As winter approaches many suffer from dry, chapped skin and lips. Here are a few tips to care for your dry skin.
- Limit your exposure to hot water. Instead, take 5-10 minute showers or baths. Any longer than that your skin will start to dehydrate.
- Moisturize immediately after bathing. Applying cream or ointment while the skin is still moist will help lock in the moisture.
- Apply a petroleum-based lip balm frequently and especially at night.
- Make sure to bundle up when going outdoors. Scarves and gloves will prevent your lips and hands from chapping.
- Use a humidifier in the home to help relieve and prevent dry skin by adding moisture into the air.