What is this?
This treatment is one of the most innovative and sought after means to achieve younger looking, healthy skin. It improves the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles and stimulates collagen and elastin production.
How it works …
The DiamondTome Wand gently exfoliates the skin with natural diamond chips, while at the same time vacuuming the dead skin cells away in a sterile and controlled manner. Unlike other exfoliation treatments, the DiamondTome Skin Resurfacing System uses no loose abrasives to contaminate you or the environment.
When to use …
The DiamondTome is ideal for:
- Sun-damaged skin – face, neck, shoulders
- Improving age spots – hands, face
- Reduction of fine lines
- Reduction of acne scarring
- Extraction of blackheads and whiteheads
- Minor scar revision
- Reduction of hyperpigmentation
- Rejuvenation of skin health
Results . . .
Your skin may look slightly flushed for 10-30 minutes after the treatment. Your skin will then look and feel smoother. For best results, we recommend a package of 5 – 8 treatments, every two to four weeks.
Contraindications to Microdermabrasion
- Active infection of any type, such as herpes simplex virus or flat warts.
- Active Acne
- Uncontrolled diabetes
- Eczema, dermatitis
- Skin cancer
- Vascular lesions
- Oral blood thinner
- Tattoos – not effective
- Telangiectasia/erythema may be worsened or brought out by skin exfoliation.
Microdermabrasion Post Procedure Care
- Aerobic exercise should be avoided until all redness has subsided.
- Direct sunlight exposure is to be avoided immediately after treatment. If some sun exposure cannot be avoided, first apply sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or greater. For at least two weeks, a sunscreen with at least a SPF of 15 should be applied.
- Cleanse your face gently with water or a mild soap substitute such as Cetaphil twice daily followed by a mild sunscreen such as Skinceuticals UV Defense SPF 30. If a site other than the face is treated, you only need to cleanse once daily followed by sunscreen. Once your skin is no longer irritated or inflamed, you may resume your pre-treatment regimen.
If you have any questions or concerns please do not hesitate to call the office.
Contact our office at 248-362-3500 to schedule an appointment.