Each case of acne is different. And everyone’s schedule is different. We do our best to find an effective regimen to combat and control acne that fits as easily as possible into your daily routine. We also understand that some insurance plans have limited coverage for acne prescriptions so we carry some very effective skin care products in the office. We also have procedures in our office for breakouts and acne scarring.
In-office Treatment Options:
- Liquid Nitrogen Mist – Helps for a few days to a week. This is anti-inflammatory and opens pores. When you check whether this is covered by your insurance company, tell them that the procedure code is 10040. Our fee is $125.
- Intralesional Celestone – We will add you in as an “emergency” to inject new, tender acne cysts. Because we “work you in” for this, we usually won’t discuss your acne in general at this visit. The procedure code for this is 11900 for up to seven spots; the fee is $95.
- Extractions – We can extract blackheads and whiteheads as needed. This adds 10 minutes to the time we need for your regular acne recheck appointment. This should be a 20 minute appointment. The procedure code for this is 10060; the fee is $130.
- Peels – Illuminize and Beta peels help clear acne but are not covered by insurance at this time. Most people have these at 2 – 4 week intervals to speed clearing of acne. Illuminize Peels are $75 each or three for $195. Beta Peels are $65 each or three for $180.
- Microdermabrasion – The DiamondTome method of microdermabrasion gently exfoliates your skin with a diamond tip wand, vacuuming dead skin cells away in a sterile, controlled manner. This treatment can be helpful for acne scars, blackheads, whiteheads and oily skin but is not covered by insurance. The fee for one treatment is $115. Most people purchase a package of 5 treatments for $400 or 8 treatments for $575.
- Eclipse Micropen – Treatments stimulate collagen formation to help fill in indented acne scars. One treatment is $275. Three treatments are $750 and include a free TNS Recovery Complex.
- Fraxel 1550 – Precise, pinpoint beams heat tiny columns of skin to stimulate new collagen formation. This is our most effective treatment for acne scarring. Price depends on area treated.
Monday: 7:00am – 5:00pm
Tuesday: 7:00am – 6:00pm
Wednesday: 7:00am – 11:00am |
11:45am - 5:00pm
Thursday: 7:00am – 11:00am |
11:45am - 5:00 pm